LEIBINGER JET3up PI pigment printer
Marking dark cables and plastics with high contrast
- Special printer for pigmented inks (e.g. white, yellow, blue, orange)
- Non-contact marking of dark backgrounds
- High availability and reliability guaranteed
Do you want to mark dark surfaces in high contrast with a LOT number or meter marking? Then you need an inkjet printer that can process pigmented inks (also known as contrast inks or opaque inks) to create a good contrast level on the product. After all, it is just as difficult to read conventional inks on dark backgrounds as it is to read writing from a fountain pen on black paper.
The challenge: Pigmented inks cannot be used in a standard inkjet printer. This would result in problems in short order because the pigment in the contrast inks would continuously build up in the hydraulic components and nozzle of the marking system. This plugs up the inkjet printer. The quality of the marking suffers and the availability and reliability of the inkjet printer is reduced. Paul LEIBINGER confronted this problem and developed its own pigment ink printer in which the ink pigments cannot set.
How does the JET3up PI do it? The combination of a unique hydraulic system with an integrated ink agitator and a fully automated interval mode for production shutdowns means that the ink regularly circulates through the entire inkjet printer. These processes prevent the pigments from permanently setting, for instance in white, yellow or orange pigmented ink.
Ideal for dark substrates and UV-resistant imprints
The JET3up PI is ideal for marking and coding applications in which a strong contrast is to be created between the imprint and a product with a darker substrate. Examples include black cables, pipes, wires, automotive parts or brown beer bottles that have to be marked in white for clearer legibility. White and other light-colored inks, as well as dark inks with high opacity, contain pigments and cannot be used in standard printers as a result. The pigments they contain also make the inks particularly UV-resistant.
One-of-a-kind technology keeps the ink homogeneous
A special combination consisting of the hydraulic system, the “Sealtronic“ system and the stirring device in the JET3up PI ensures that the pigmented inks do not settle, making them ready to use at all times. During breaks in production, an automatic timer ensures that the agitator stirs the opaque inks regularly—even when the printer is switched off. The automated “Sealtronic“ nozzle seal ensures that the nozzle is sealed airtight, allowing ink to be circulated through the entire system. The ink tanks of the LEIBINGER JET3up PI have a new design, increasing the efficiency of the technology for pigmented inks.
No cost-intensive external compressed air or gear-wheel pumps
The low-maintenance hydraulics concept ensures that the LEIBINGER JET3up PI pigmented inkjet printers do not require costly external compressed air to generate the ink pressure, nor do they need maintenance-intensive gear-wheel pumps. This eliminates the possibility of contaminating the pigmented ink using compressed air (water, oil, rust) and avoids unwanted heating of the ink by gear-wheel pumps.
Wide selection of pigmented inks
- Variety of pigmented contrast inks (opaque inks)
- Fast-drying inks
- MEK-free inks
- Temperature-resistant inks
- PVC inks (transfer-resistant)
- Pigmented universal inks
- Custom inks
Pigmented ink colors:
White, black, yellow, orange, blue, silver-grey
JET3up PI optionally with IP65 protection class
The JET3up PI is also available in IP65 protection class protecting against jets of water. The dustproof and waterproof solution, which also works with pigmented inks, is a combination of the LEIBINGER JET3up PI and JET3up PRO printers. For more information, use the direct contact or contact form to the left.
Options for the LEIBINGER JET3up PI
- Nozzle size: 60 µm or 70 µm
- Umbilical, length: 3 m, 6 m or 10 m
- Umbilical, outlet: Straight, 45° or 90° angle
- Head pressurization: Internal or external
- Electronic fan cabinet for extremely warm environments
- Additional interfaces for activating additional printers
- Precision print head
- Special print head with side umbilical outlet
The advantages of the JET3up series at a glance
- The automated “Sealtronic“ nozzle seal ensures that ink does not dry out, even during lengthy breaks in production
- Windows-based touchscreen display for convenient operation
- Interfaces such as Ethernet and I/O signals make integration into a production machine easy
- Height of the fonts: 5-32 drops
- Up to 5-line texts can be printed
- Over 800 user-friendly functions
- Non-contact marking at up to 10 m/s
- 2-year warranty
- All software updates included
- Fair, transparent maintenance
- Easy integration thanks to a wide variety of interfaces
Additional information about the advantages of the JET3up series can be found here.
If you are interested in any of our continuous inkjet printing systems we welcome you to give us a call to discuss these low maintenance, cost effective printing solutions. The ATD UK team will be happy to provide you with any further information you require and sample mark your products.