Size Really Does Matter!
A major manufacturer of wooden potato crates contacted ATD. “We need to print our customer’s brand information anywhere on both sides of our potato crates with characters up to 400 mm high. The site is cold and damp and the crates have rough and dusty surfaces. Can you do it with your inkjet printers?”
Well, the answer was “yes” and a fully working system is now installed at the customer’s plant, automatically inkjet printing two sides of 3 x 2 metre timber crates on a purpose built conveying system.
Close liaison with the customers’ engineers ensured that the system integration and mechanical handling elements were achieved in a timely and precise manner.
High Resolution Industrial Inkjet Printers from ATD
The customer previously used manual stencilling, which was messy, labour intensive and was the limiting factor on production throughput. The brand information was limited to simple text. Now, with the high resolution industrial inkjet printers, our customer can offer any font and logo, and the designs can be amended for their customers at any time.
The new ATD industrial printing system provides:
- High quality consistent print.
- Reduced manual labour.
- Ability to printed any font and graphics at will.
- Elimination of faulty prints.
- Faster throughput.
- Lower cost per print
- Elimination of overspray, resulting in cleaner, safer operation.
The customer has used the high quality print to increase sales and provide added value to their product.
Features of the finished system include:
- 8 x IP8000 100mm print heads precision aligned to print on opposite sides of the crate to achieve full print coverage up to 400mm print height in one pass.
- Two self-adjusting pantograph printhead mounting modules for self-alignment of heads relative to box surface.
- Integrated computer linked control system in environmental enclosure.
- Bespoke software suite for handling production data and for software “stitching” of the multiple print head arrays.
- Remote auto sensing bulk ink modules for non-stop printing and easy fill facility.
- Fully interlocked conveyor movements to achieve safe operation and to guard against print head damage from wooden debris, nails etc on sides of crate.
Yes, sometimes size does matter!
Contacting ATD UK for High Quality Industrial Marking and Coding Solutions
If you are looking for clarity and high quality printing or other high quality and reliable industrial marking and coding solutions then look no further. You can contact the team at ATD UK by calling +44 (0) 1858 461014. Alternatively, enter your details into the contact form featured on our website and a member of the team will contact you.